In case you haven’t noticed, I am a HUGE animal lover!! My husband and I are owned by 2 pugs and because of them, I have become more involved in educating myself and others about being owned by dogs. :) I follow Dana Cubbage Photography on Facebook (I LOVE her work & all that she does for the animals) and today she posted about a good cause she is joining and after reading it, I’ve decided I’m going to take part in it as well. It’s easy to do, it helps the animals and doesn’t take much to help all those animals out there that need us. It was started by Serena of Pretty Fluffy and I think it’s a great idea!!
So, what is it you ask? It’s a campaign to help make a difference. Many times people think that they can’t make a difference. $5.00 won’t help the rescue that just helped save a dogs life, a little bag of dog food won’t get far, re-posting a picture of a dog up for adoption won’t be seen by anyone. Well, guess what…IT DOES HELP!! Every little bit helps. There are only 13 weeks left in the year so this campaign was put together to do 13 things for animals in the last 13 weeks we have left in this year before we reach 2013. Pretty neat huh? It doesn’t have to be 13 things either. Even if you only come up with one thing to do, you are helping the animals and everyone can do something to help out. We can all be each others supporters and cheerleaders for each other to get our list done before the end of the year. So, what do you think? Want to join me? Share The 13 Project on your Facebook page, Twitter, your blog…however you want to share it is up to you. But, how ever you do it, THANK YOU for helping make a difference!!
Here’s my list:
1. Contact Pug Rescue to see about photographing pugs available for adoption so they can share on their Facebook page and Rescue website.
2. Blog and post on my Facebook page the animals I photograph that are up for adoption.
3. Educate and share the importance of spaying or neutering pets.
4. Go through all the closets in my house and donate any towels, blankets, sheets, etc that we no longer use anymore and donate them to a local rescue group.
5. Donate more often to the rescue groups to help those animals that have just had an expensive surgery or procedure done. Every little bit helps!
6. Buy items on sale at the grocery store and donate them to the local animal rescue. Such as laundry detergent, treats, etc.
7. Share, promote and educate the importance of rescue groups and all they do, why they are there and how they help.
8. Share my knowledge on good health and ownership of pets.
9. Continue to sign petitions that helps animals have and live better lives.
10. Share animals that need urgent foster care on my Facebook page.
11. Attend the SPCA walk in October.
12. Contact other rescue groups in the area to see if they would like me to photograph animals in foster care.
13. Share with others about The 13 Project.
Sounds pretty simple, don’t you think? Come join me in this great cause and share with others.