Can you believe that there are only 6 weeks left in 2012?!?! Where did this year go?
About a month ago, I joined in on the Project 13 that Serena started over at Pretty Fluffy. When I heard about this, I knew I just had to join in and do what I could for the animals. I’m so glad that Serena started this. What a great thing to do!!
So, today I’m back to update you on how I’m doing and what I have left to accomplish in the next 6 weeks. Here’s my updated list:
Here is my list that I came up with and how I’m doing so far:
Contact Pug Rescue to see about photographing pugs available for adoption so they can share on their Facebook page and Rescue website. DONE – waiting for reply from Pug Rescue….hope I hear from them soon!!
2. Blog and post on my Facebook page the animals I photograph that are up for adoption.
3.Educate and share the importance of spaying and neutering your pets.
4. Go through all the closets in my house and donate any towels, blankets, sheets, etc that we no longer use anymore and donate them to a local rescue group.
5. Donate more often to the rescue groups to help those animals that have just had an expensive surgery or procedure done. Every little bit helps!
6. Buy items on sale at the grocery store and donate them to the local animal rescue. Such as laundry detergent, treats, etc.
Share, promote and educate the importance of rescue groups and all they do, why they are there and how they help. DONE – The amount of work that rescue groups do to help save the lives of those less fortunate is amazing. I will continue to promote the importance of rescue and adopting from a local rescue group and/or shelter.
8. Share my knowledge on good health and ownership of pets.
Continue to sign petitions that helps animals have and live better lives. DONE – I’ve signed two so far and will continue to do so when I come across them. Anything to help give the animals more rights!
Share animals that need urgent foster care on my Facebook page. DONE – I am following quite a few rescue groups and shelters here locally in my area. When ever they need a foster home or are in need of urgent help for an animal, I share it both on my photography and personal page.
Attend the SPCA walk in October. DONE – we walked on 10/20/2012 and the turnout was amazing!!
Contact other rescue groups in the area to see if they would like me to photograph animals in foster care. DONE – I have contacted quite a few rescues. I’ve heard back from some and can’t wait to start taking pictures for them.
Share with others about The 13 Project. DONE – I love seeing all the animal lovers and photographers that have signed up for this wonderful cause!!
Did you join Project 13? Let me know how you are doing!